Last updated: September 6, 2021
Kartar Health (or “We”)
What is personal information?
Personal information means information about an identifiable individual. In general, personal information does not include business contact information such as your name, title or business address or telephone number in your business or employment capacity which is used for the purposes of communicating with you in such capacity. Personal Information may include your name, email address, age, home address, phone number, billing information, Kartar Health account information.
All Canadian organizations engaged in commercial activities must comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”) and the Canadian Standards Association Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information incorporated by reference into PIPEDA. These obligations extend to Kartar Health.
How does Kartar Health engage with personal information?
In providing our Service, we may collect and use personal information in accordance with applicable law. We will only collect personal information that is necessary to fulfill the following purposes:
- To provide you with information about Kartar Health;
- To verify identity;
- To process payment for Services or donations;
- For subscription purposes;
- To maintain, administer and improve our Website and its quality;
- Marketing and creating materials, including using your photograph or video recording (with your consent);
- To identify your preferences;
- To open and manage a user account on our Website;
- To ensure you receive a high standard of service;
- To meet regulatory requirements;
- To offer you tailored content;
- To contact you in response to your general or specific inquiries;
- To periodically solicit feedback from you;
- To generate statistics and aggregate reports to improve our Website;
- To maintain and update our contact database;
- For general administrative purposes;
- To associate your name with your public post(s) made on our Website; and
- To collect Your email address to receive regular updates about new seminars, online learning opportunities, exclusive content, new blog posts, and other related materials, in accordance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (“CASL”); and other legal reasons as apply to the Services requested.
How does Kartar Health collect personal information?
Kartar Health collects personal information fairly and in accordance with applicable law. Generally, we collect your personal information directly from you.
How does Kartar Health use personal information?
We may use your personal information to provide Services to you, to administer our customer databases, to build and maintain our expertise and knowledge, to include you in our information distribution and marketing activities, and for the other purposes for which we collected your personal information (see “How does Kartar Health engage with personal information” above). Kartar Health respects your privacy and will remove your information from any distribution or marketing lists if you request for Kartar Health to do so. Please e-mail us at [email protected] in the event that you no longer wish to receive material from Kartar Health.
How does Kartar Health disclose personal information?
Kartar Health does not disclose your personal information to third parties to enable them to market their Services.
Under certain circumstances we may disclose your personal information. Some examples are:
- When you have consented to the disclosure.
- When we are required or authorized by law, including, for example, if a court issues a warrant or a subpoena.
- Where it is necessary to collect fees or disbursements.
- In the event of a merger by or growth of Kartar Health (in which case any resulting third party will be bound by obligations regarding privacy that are consistent with this policy).
How can customers update their information with Kartar Health?
Since we use your personal information to provide information and Services to you, it is important that the information be accurate and up-to-date. If any of your information changes, you may update your account or please inform us so that we can maintain the accuracy of our records. We may also periodically inquire with you whether your personal information is accurate and up-to-date.
How does Kartar Health safeguard Your personal information?
Kartar Health takes precautions to ensure that your personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Among the steps taken to protect your personal information are:
- taking measures to secure our premises;
- abiding by our confidentiality policies;
- training for our staff, volunteers, organizers, presenters, instructors, including on privacy-related matters;
- deploying technological safeguards like security software and firewalls to prevent unauthorized computer access or “hacking”; and
- utilizing security features on our electronic devices such as internal password; and
- abiding by our security policies.
You should be aware that e-mail is not an entirely secure medium. Please keep this in mind when contacting us to send personal or confidential information.
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
You may ask to access your personal information that is in our possession. Detailed requests that require archive or other retrieval costs may be subject to our normal disbursement fees. Your rights to access your personal information are not absolute. There are a number of situations where we may deny access. If we deny your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct personal information, we will provide you with the reason(s) for doing so.
The Website may contain links to other sites, which are not governed by this policy.